Tactical Ops is a new free multiplayer event for “Halo Infinite”. Since the game’s multiplayer beta began in October, this is the game’s fourth major event. You can get another ten cosmetics for free if you complete the Tactical Ops challenges to level up your event pass. Everything you need to know about “Halo Infinite” Tactical Ops is right here.
Challenges in Tactical Ops
Tactical Ops is already available in-game and will remain so until March 22 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET. You’ll have 10 challenges to complete over the next two weeks, and each one will unlock a new level (and cosmetic) on your event pass. You must be playing in Tactical Slayer mode, the limited-time mode that comes with the event, to complete Tactical Ops challenges. There are no overshields and no mini-map in this mode. Consider it “Halo’s” tough mode.
Here are the ten challenges you must complete in order to complete your event pass.
- Kill enemy Spartans with the Battle Rifle in Tactical Slayer (7) – 300 XP
- Earn distinct killing sprees in Tactical Slayer (1) – 300 XP
- Kill enemy Spartans with a headshot in Tactical Slayer (25) – 350 XP
- Complete Tactical Slayer matches (1) – 300 XP
- Kill enemy Spartans with a headshot in Tactical Slayer (7) – 300 XP
- Stop enemy killing sprees in Tactical Slayer (3) – 400 XP
- Stop enemy killing sprees in Tactical Slayer (1) – 300 XP
- Win Tactical Slayer matches (2) – 350 XP
- Kill enemy Spartans with the Sidekick Pistol in Tactical Slayer (10) – 350 XP
- Kill two enemy Spartans in rapid succession in Tactical Slayer (7) – 400 XP
It’s worth noting that these appear to be displayed in the wrong sequence in-game. You should be able to receive all of your free cosmetics as long as you complete them when they’re each live in your challenge log.
Cosmetics for Tactical Ops
Speaking of attractive freebies, here’s what you can get for completing the challenges in “Halo Infinite’s” current live event, which includes a slew of new Mark VII armor variants.
- Claw Patrol stance
- Phalanx visor (Mark VII)
- Emile charm
- Lone Wolf backdrop
- Mark V Zeta helmet (Mark VII)
- TAC / AHD Type 3ZY chest (Mark VII)
- Mat-2550 Grenade Pack utility
- Tigris gloves (Mark VII)
- Scorpion Punch coating (Mark VII)
- UA / Mauros helmet attachment (Mark VII)
These cosmetics will only take up your time and not your money.