With today’s update, “Battlefield 2042” developer DICE added the first of a long list of legacy features to the game. Update 3.3 for “Battlefield 2042” introduces a brand-new scoreboard to the game that offers players with a suite of information, as well as a cosmetics bundle that is available to certain groups of players, in addition to some general bug patches.
The new scoreboard in “Battlefield 2042” is one of the game’s many long-awaited legacy additions. The scoreboard in “Battlefield 2042“ was fairly barebones before to today’s update, not showing the names of all the players on a team or the player’s ribbon advancement. This version of the scoreboard includes all of that and more, and it looks a lot like the scoreboards found in other first-person shooters.
Another “Battlefield 2042” update is coming next month, and it will include another long-awaited feature: VOIP, or in-game voice communication.
DICE is also releasing a cosmetic pack for “Battlefield 2042” dubbed the Steadfast Exclusive Legendary Bundle, however not everyone will be able to get it. The package can be redeemed by players that purchased the “Battlefield 2042” Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition, Year 1 Pass, or Year 1 Pass with Ultimate Pack upgrade, as well as EA Play Pro subscribers. A new skin for Mackay, two weapon skins, a vehicle skin, a new knife, a player card background, and a player card symbol are included in the Steadfast Exclusive Legendary Bundle.
Of course, a new cosmetic pack is unlikely to be well received by players. Many people want the game to be updated with fresh material, but this is unlikely to happen anytime soon. The first season of “Battlefield 2042” has been postponed until this summer.
Below is a complete set of patch notes for “Battlefield 2042’s” update 3.3.
Patch notes for “Battlefield 2042” update 3.3
- Fixed a game crash that could occur on Origin or Xbox One when signing in/out while using an Xbox One controller
- Setting “Chat” Key Bindings no longer requires a game restart to take effect
- Adjusted Aim Assist on console to ensure that the system is in effect when analog sticks are at 100% of their range. Previously it was only active at ranges below 100%
- Fixed a bug where takedowns would not result in a kill on Xbox One and PlayStation®4
- Established new location for our EU Data Centre as Frankfurt
- Conquest & Breakthrough – fixed a bug where the Securing Objective XP-event was triggered even after a Capture Point was already fully captured
- Hazard Zone – fixed a visual bug displaying squad mates during the match found sequence
- Hazard Zone – fixed a bug where the End of Round XP gains sometimes didn’t trigger