The full patch notes for “Battlefield 2042’s” next major update have been posted by DICE. The 3.2 update will be available on January 20 and will mostly include bug fixes and stability improvements.
Fixes for hit-registration difficulties are included in the patch, and occurrences of rubberbanding in particular cases should be improved. The patch also fixes a bug that caused players to get locked in a loop of being downed but still alive.
“This update is part of our ongoing commitment to address your feedback on bug fixes and gameplay improvements,” DICE added.
The “Battlefield 2042” 3.2 update will be available on January 20 at 12 a.m. PT / 3 a.m. ET, and it will be a “zero downtime” update, meaning gamers will be able to play immediately after the download is complete. There was no mention of the installation’s size.
After that, in February, another upgrade will arrive with more quality-of-life enhancements and new features, including the long-awaited redesigned Scoreboard UI.
“Battlefield 2042” was the sixth best-selling game in the United States in 2021, while Electronic Arts has not released a sales figure for the futuristic military shooter.
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements in “Battlefield 2042” 3.2 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where leaving a party during matchmaking could make the game unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where connecting to EA servers after signing up with a new account would not work on the first attempt
- Updated behavior of the quit button during gameplay so it now returns you to the correct screen
- Fixed an issue where the loading music would stop playing during level load
- Fixed a rare occurrence where after landing with the Wingsuit, hits wouldn’t always register on some parts of Sundance’s hitbox
- Fixed occurrences of rubberbanding when running behind friendly players
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause you to be stuck in both an alive, and downed loop
- Fixed a variety of issues with attaching to ladders that could cause you to get stuck in a state where you could fly away or lose control of your Specialist
- Fixed an issue where soldier movement speed was impaired by nearby explosions that spawned craters
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and audio for landing would unintentionally trigger when dropping from very small heights
- Fixed an issue where weapons from a Loadout Crate would sometimes inherit ammo from the previously selected weapon
- Fixed an issue where being spotted when firing a weapon would spot you for too long
- Added multiple fixes to improve overall game stability
- Fixed a rendering related crash that could occur for AMD Radeon VII users while
- Sundance was visible on screen
- Sniper and SOFLAM scope glints now show from a further distance
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer be in sync whenever the driver’s turret would rotate, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies
- M1A5, T28 – improved the effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod
- Reduced Bullet Spread from 1.6 -> 1.1
- Increased Damage Fall Off Distance from 35 -> 40
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed a black rectangle being present on screen during Hazard Zone end of round when hitting quit at the level progress screen
- The Server Info tab now persists after hitting Refresh in the Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap when joining a Team Deathmatch game during the end of round sequence
- Rules Editor – the “IsInventorySlotActive” value now correctly handles melee weapons
Certain admin commands can no longer be spammed